Re: LYNX-DEV O(w)nerous question

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV O(w)nerous question
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 08:01:01 +0000 (GMT)

> However, I could not find a way to specify the ownership for a page.
> Is that done via HTML? If so, what is the command?

<LINK REV="MADE" HREF="MAILTO:address@hidden">

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have been adopted by the mainstream;
I can't find it in any recent HTML specifications.  The preference
seems to be to include META Author, but not in a form that can be used
electronically.

More recent versions use heuristics to try an deduce an owner from
other mailto: URLs in the document.