LYNX-DEV Screen updates due to charset or RAW changes

From: Андрей Чернов
Subject: LYNX-DEV Screen updates due to charset or RAW changes
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 00:12:41 +0300 (MSK)

As I already write, lynx forget to update current page at the screen on
'@' command (not yet fixed in ac0.98 but I keep hope).

Recently I discover yet one similar bug: lynx forget to update current
page at the screen on ^A - assume charset change. Typical scenario: I
enter on broken (lots of such) page without charset indication and see
8859-1 symbols.  I try to change assumed charset via 'o', '^A' commands,
but still see the same 8859-1. I need to guess to press '^R'-reload
additionly to see proper letters.

Please do not forget to update current page at the screen on _any_
operations with document or display character sets.

BTW, I see assumed charset from 'o'ptions page not saved in .lynxrc,
is it intentional?

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<address@hidden>