Re: LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 18:46:43 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, John E. Davis wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Dec 1997 13:56:50 -0500, Joe Batt <address@hidden> said:
> >lynx -source ftp://myhost.dom/my_file.zip > my_file.zip
> >
> >On WinNT with the 32 bit version, the zip file gets ascii translated to
> >have CRLFs in it.
>
>    Lynx is writing to stdout and the ``OS'' is redirecting the output
> to my_file.zip.  As I recall stdout is opened in text mode and the OS
> uses text mode to perform the redirection.  Is this really true?

I don't know if this is true and I am unable to verify what is going on in
the code at this time.  I had hoped to look into that and some other
things like it but I haven't had the time.  I have to really concentrate
to grasp what isn't in my limited wet-cache so finding good times for bug
hunting is tough for me.