LYNX-DEV location of DNS

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV location of DNS
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:03:18 -0500 (EST)

the Archive is usually ok: it's at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev
& can be searched via  www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/search-archives.html .

> We recently had to stop running DNS on our unix system
> because our system would run so slow that no one could use it
> in the evenings and on Saturday. Since we moved our domain name file
> to a Windows NT server, the response time has increased greatly.
> The problem is that DNS is now running on a different system than Lynx
> and lynx cannot find any addresses.  Is there any way to tell LYNX
> that the DNS file is at a different address?

this is the kind of thing i subscribe to lynx-dev to learn!
hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will reply.

BTW do try to give a subject so your queries can be archived properly.