Re: LYNX-DEV Printfunction in Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Printfunction in Lynx
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:11:43 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Olofsson, Dag said:

> I am a technical administrator for Lynx v2.3 in the
> organisation, Jamtlands lans Landsting in Sweden.  Lynx is
> installed in a SUN Unix machine, on a LAN.

> Users have asked me if Lynx, in the latest version, have
> Print-functions.  Screen-printing is the only way today.

What printers can you print to by an lpr from the Sun?
All those printers can be installed as options under Lynx.
Search with '/' for "printer" in lynx.cfg.  This hasn't changed
appreciably in a long time, so the 2.7.1 version at

 http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/lynx2-7-1/lynx.cfg

would be a good place to read.

> I am grateful if you kan give me information about
> Lynx. Especially new functions.

For a rundown on all the functions added since [some time near
2.3] you would have to read the CHANGES files for the releases.
Many of these are also available in the breakout of the
distribution, e.g. the above.

If you compile the development version now you can help us debug
the program for the 2.8 release soon to come.

Welcome to the list.

-- Al Gilman

PS: for a hypertext rundown of what was added from 2.6 to 2.7,
search for "new" or "2.7" in

  http://www.access.digex.net/%7Easgilman/lynx/FAQ/