Re[2]: LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.

From: JBatt
Subject: Re[2]: LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 7:22:00 -0500

I have tried this both in command.com and bash (from Cygnus) on NT.
Joe
______________________
On Thu, 04 Dec 1997 13:56:50 -0500, Joe Batt <address@hidden> said:
>lynx -source ftp://myhost.dom/my_file.zip > my_file.zip
>
>On WinNT with the 32 bit version, the zip file gets ascii translated to
>have CRLFs in it.

   Lynx is writing to stdout and the ``OS'' is redirecting the output
to my_file.zip.  As I recall stdout is opened in text mode and the OS
uses text mode to perform the redirection.  Is this really true?  If
so, there may be little that you can do about it short of using a
better shell.

--John