Re: LYNX-DEV saving a local file in lynx386 version

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV saving a local file in lynx386 version
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 10:31:02 +0900 (JST)

> IMO, Lynx's Print is an awkward method that needs renaming to a Save.

Be sure not to confuse Lynx's "Print" the _rendered/parsed_ document with
"Download" the _unaltered_ file (or almost unaltered, depending on the
protocol).  Both functions have by default a Save option; the former has
"Save to a local file", and the latter "Save to disk".  There is no single
print method, and most people have various kinds of methods defined.  Besides
"saving", I personally have "viewing", "printing", "displaying" and "piping"
methods of various kinds available for "Printing" the document as Lynx
renders it.  Likewise, I have various ways of handling a "Downloaded" file.
Look at the lynx.cfg file for how to add various methods for these two
operations.

__Henry