Re: LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 08:02:52 +0000 (GMT)

>    Lynx is writing to stdout and the ``OS'' is redirecting the output
> to my_file.zip.  As I recall stdout is opened in text mode and the OS

Yes and no.  stdout is already open and in no particular mode.  It is
the C library that treats it as text mode.  You could probably avoid this,
but if you don't hack the C library, you'd probably have to create your
own equivalents of the stdio routines, which directly call the DOS or BIOS
I/O functions.  You might be able to find the flag in the internal data
structures and hack that, as well, but it is not, I think, part of the
defined interface of stdio, so might very between implementations and
versions of the C library.