Re: LYNX-DEV fatal error compiling ac-0.98 on Solaris2.6, gcc2.7.2.3

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fatal error compiling ac-0.98 on Solaris2.6, gcc2.7.2.3
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 08:01:56 -0500 (EST)

> > /libwww.a -lcurses -ltermcap  -lnsl -lsocket -lbind
> [...]
> > LYsubAttr                           LYCurses.o
> > LYaddAttr                           LYCurses.o
> > mousemask                           LYCurses.o
>
> BTW, these errors occur the day after I installed ncurses4.1.  I just
> tested ac-0.97, which I successfully compiled a few days ago, and
> now get the same fatal errors with it.  I have not patched ncurses4.1
> (because the patches refuse to go on).
did you install ncurses as curses, or as ncurses (that's a configure option).
your description seems to indicate that you installed it as ncurses.

what problems (and which patches)?  you need patch 2.1 or above (there are
old 'patch' programs that some vendors have installed; those won't work)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden