LYNX-DEV Problems Making Lynx on FreeBSD 2.2.2

From: Dave Cash
Subject: LYNX-DEV Problems Making Lynx on FreeBSD 2.2.2
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 10:59:12 -0600 (CST)

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to build Lynx 2.7.1 for FreeBSD 2.2.2 but am having some
problems.  I ran into the sys_errlist conflict, but I got around it by
temporarily commenting out the sys_errlist declaration in
/usr/include/stdio.h while I was doing the "make freebsd".  This at least
allowed the make to complete, but the problem is that when I start Lynx,
it is not drawing things correctly on the screen.  It seems like it isn't
send the right escape sequences or something.  Every time I move the arrow
keys, it just writes the text of the link in a few misplaced locations on
the screen.  And nothing is in reverse video.  Does this sound familiar to
anyone?

I know the easy solution would seem to be to install the lynx package from
the FreeBSD distribution, but I need to compile Lynx to allow EXEC_LINKS,
which are disabled in the package.  The package version of Lynx works like
a champ, draws the screen correctly and everything.  It just doesn't allow
and lynxexec: URLs, which I have to have.

If anyone could help me with this, I sure would appreciate it.  Please let
me know if you need any more information than I have provided.

Thanks,

Dave

P.S. Support US Senate Bill 771 - Give ISPs the Power to Block Spams!
     See http://www.senate.gov/~murkowski/commercialemail/ to learn more...

Dave Cash                                                  Power to the People!
Greater New Orleans Free-Net                                     Right On-Line!
address@hidden                                                      Dig it all.