LYNX-DEV long file names in DOS (was help request)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV long file names in DOS (was help request)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 15:57:06 -0500 (EST)

971109 Vipul Jhaveri wrote:
> i am succesful in using lynx: -traversal -crawl commamnd to fetch
> a document with all subsequent related documents.
> i got lnk00000000001.dat to lnk...100.dat files (15 chr filenames).
> with this i am not in a position to d/l the same
> as it is more than 8 chr filename what my dos machine supports.
> can i use any clause which enables additive fetching of documents
> in a single file.

someone else may give you more precise help, but for a start
look in the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev ,
which is searchable via  www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/search-archives.html :
there has been discussion of this problem within the last couple of months.
you can also goto  sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8.html ,
where you will find the latest development version
which i believe solves your problem.