RE: LYNX-DEV two curiosities from IETF HTTP session.

From: Jim Gettys
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV two curiosities from IETF HTTP session.
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 07:01:44 -0800

Here's what I think needs to happen:

It looks to me as though we may need a clarification to Rev-01 on 305 (use
this proxy for a single request) to to match the existing Lynx behavior,
if that is actually the "right thing" for the desired semantics (single
time redirection to a proxy). (previous comments say that we're pretty close
to that now in Rev-01, but a bit of further tweaking is needed).

And the full "go use this proxy forever" functionality (i.e. what we called
306) needs to get addressed somehow, but in an independent (not HTTP/1.1
document (and concievably, outside of HTTP altogether, if that seems the
right solution.).  This one nees to deal with all the security/trust problems
identified in the discussion on 306 in the mailing list.

                                                - Jim