LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1fm

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1fm
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:23:34 -0500

I fetched Lynx 2.7.1fm today, compiled on OpenVMS VAX V5.5-2 with VAX C
V3.1-051
(yes, I know they're old; I can't change that).  Neither the compile not the
link produced any warning or error level messages whatsoever (unlike the
current
Lynx 2.7.1 development code) and the LYNX.EXE was produced.  I can run it and
it
seems to work for a very cursory test (i.e., I can link to lynx.browser.org and
navigate there).  However, when I attempt to exit via CTRL/Z I receive:

%SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation, reason mask=05, virtual address=FFFF0031, PC
=0014635D, PSL=03C00000
%TRACE-F-TRACEBACK, symbolic stack dump follows
module name     routine name                     line       rel PC    abs PC

                                                           0014635D  0014635D
                                                           0014B784  0014B784
                                                           803DD0B2  803DD0B2
                                                           0014B2A2  0014B2A2
LYEXIT          LYexit                           4525      00000033  0007CE4B
LYMAIN          main                            20630      00001813  0008702B
 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 4141 Eastern Ave., MS239        Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8727     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company