Re: LYNX-DEV Error in LYNX2_7_1AC-0_98

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Error in LYNX2_7_1AC-0_98
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:57:03 -0500 (EST)

> I tried compiling LYNX2_7_1AC-0_98 today on an OpenVMS VAX V5.5-2 using VAC C
> V3.1-051 (yes I know they're both old; I can't do anything about that) and
> received the following error:
The immediate cause of the problem is that the expresion is mixing an
integer and an enum value (some compilers object to an implicit conversion
of an enum to an integer - not only VAX C).

> $ cc UCAux
>                                         UCCanUniTranslateFrom(cs_in));
> %CC-E-INVOPERAND, Invalid right operand of a "&&" operator.
>                 At line number 264 in
> USR_SCRATCH:[TILLMAN.LYNX2-7-1.SRC]UCAUX.C
> ;1.

> Anything I can do about it?  I'm not a C programmer, so this doesn't make a
> lot
> of sense to me.
the fix will be to compare the enum value to an enum value (which is more
portable).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden