Re: LYNX-DEV Re: BLYNX (Speech-Friendly Help Files)

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: BLYNX (Speech-Friendly Help Files)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:30:52 -0500 (EST)

"Gregory J. Rosmaita" <address@hidden> wrote:
>aloha, fote!
>
>yes, i will be updating the contents of
>
>       http://leb.net/blinux/blynx/lynx_help_main.html
>
>using the documentation contained in the lynx2.7.1ac-0.98 bundle...
>
>please let me know if this is the correct/appropriate course of action,

        I'm not the appropriate one to confirm that, but since no one
else has, I'll give it a shot.  In the absence of a pre-release, I
guess you should use the most current devel bundle.  The online 'h'elp
links to  http://leb.net/blinux/blynx/  which then offers a link to
alternate main help, but more importantly, to alternate keystroke
help and a navigation tutorial.  The latter is most important to
update, because the standard help uses ASCII art which is efficient
for sighted users, but needs alternate presentations/explanations for
braille or speech interfaces, and a number of navigation aids have
been added that should benefit blind users.

                                Fote