LYNX-DEV ac98: 1.) configure, 2.) vt320/vt420 special keys with ncurses

From: Michael Ritzert
Subject: LYNX-DEV ac98: 1.) configure, 2.) vt320/vt420 special keys with ncurses
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:21:37 +0100

I am presently building ac98 in order to run it in a captive account.

1.
After running

CC='gcc -pipe' CFLAGS='-O0 -g' ./configure --with-screen=ncurses \
    --disable-dired   --disable-echo --enable-color-style

i noticed that CFLAGS appeared crippled in the makefile: it showed up
as
-O0 -DLINUX
i.e., the -g has been ignored.
configure ran under 2.01.0(1)-release (i586-pc-linux-gnu)

2. I'm going to access lynx in a captive accout from vanilla dec
vt320/vt420/vt520- terminals. I've been surprised to notice that i
could not map/remap the special keys above the cursor key block (find,
insert, delete, select, page_up, page_down, help, execute).

Looking into LYgetch() explained why ( the keys map to 0x106, 0x14b,
0x14a, 0x181, 0x153, 0x152, 0x117, 0x118 (return value of GetChar() in
LYgetch() ) which is not handled in the case sequence in LYgetch() ).

This means that the code to parse the escape sequences of the vt3xx
terminals (which has already been implemented) is not reached under
ncurses, and the corresponding ncurses specific code is missing --- or
did i miss something?

Is there any interest in having this fixed? If yes, relative to which
version should i supply a patch and where shall i put it?

Michael