Re: LYNX-DEV bad URL using ac98

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bad URL using ac98
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 22:50:04 -0500 (EST)

Laura Eaves <address@hidden> wrote:
>I rebuild ac98 and it still munges some of the urls.
>Note hte List page for http://www.intac.com/~leaves/s.html

        Note that you have a spurious ^N in the file.  Get rid of
it, but Lynx should filter it out, so I doubt that's the problem.

>>                         You have reached the List Page
>>
>> Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.98
>>
>>    References in this document:
[...]
>>      * [5]http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?Product&A7521
>>      * [6](checkbox)
>>      * [7]http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?Product[aacute]
[...]

        Try replacing the ampersands in those URLs with &amp; and
if that fixes it, there must be a problem in the handling of
unknown (invalid) named character references.

                                Fote