Re: LYNX-DEV ac98: 1.) configure,

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac98: 1.) configure,
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 23:21:28 -0500 (EST)

"T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> but no cases for conversions to DO_KEY, FIND_KEY, SELECT_KEY, INSERT_KEY
>> and REMOVE_KEY, so those can only be handled as direct VTxxx escape
>> sequences.  Are there any Unix (n)curses header KEY_foo definitions for
>> them?
>yes.  SVr4 curses supports up to 64 function keys.  "DO" is really F16.
>(When I looked before, I had the impression that he was talking about
>escape codes, not the internal keycodes).
>
>I don't have the vt320 description handy, but these are the curses
>definitions that apply:
>
>#define        KEY_F(n)        (KEY_F0+(n))    /* Space for 64 function keys */
>#define        KEY_SELECT      0601            /* select key */
>#define        KEY_FIND        0552            /* find key */
>#define        KEY_IL          0511            /* Sent by insert line. */
>#define        KEY_IC          0513            /* Sent by ins char/enter mode
>key. */
>#define        KEY_DL          0510            /* Sent by delete line key. */
>#define        KEY_DC          0512            /* Sent by delete character
>key. */

        I added cases for KEY_SELECT, KEY_FIND, and KEY_IC to the devel
code and tried it on Scott's SPARC, and SELECT_KEY, FIND_KEY, and
INSERT_KEY now work, but case KEY_F(16): doesn't work for DO_KEY.  I
used Scott's native curses, not ncurses, but is the problem in his
terminfo, or is 16 the wrong number?  REMOVE_KEY works without need
for a case.  Is that because there's no keypad() mode mapping for it
so the escape sequence is used directly in LYgetch()?

                                Fote