LYNX-DEV -post_data & TYPE=PASSWORD

From: dg984997
Subject: LYNX-DEV -post_data & TYPE=PASSWORD
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 12:33:38 -0500

Dear Lynx Masters:

I am new to this news group so I hope I am not repeating things here.
I did do a bit of digging in the recient archive to discover you had
be discussing the lack of documentation for users who want to use
lynx for scripting.

My question in this.  I have figured out how to retrieve data from
web servers using the -post_data option on lynx as a command line
utility.  I was unable to use this method to send my membership-id and
password to one of the servers I wanted to retrieve data from.
I am assuming that since the form input is of TYPE=PASSWORD that the
password is automatically encrypted and when I use -post_data it is
not sending the encripted form.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?

Dave Graham
Colorado State University
address@hidden