Re: LYNX-DEV Is there a keystroke to add the current URL to the goto buf

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Is there a keystroke to add the current URL to the goto buffer?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 22:01:03 -0500 (EST)

971215 Al Gilman wrote:
> Philip>
> > However, it would certainly be useful to have a command in the line editor
> > "copy URL from current link" or even "from link # n":
> > how easy would it be to add it to the line editor?
> Brad>
> > Would you get the desired effect by following the link to the page
> > with the "almost right" URL, then pressing  G  which puts the current URL
> > in the goto buffer ready for editing?

i'm still using 2-7 &  G  =  g  & doesn't have that effect.

> this fails if the URL is broken: eg the search results
> out of Washington Post, where the engine returns a broken URL
> with  ../  in inappropriate places.

yup!  i thought of mentioning that, but didn't want to complicate things.

> But unless some volunteer springs out of the woodwork,
> I think we are looking at 2.9 wishlist building with this one.

oh how i wish ...
this has to be easy even for my very limited C programming experience,
but i've never been able to get up the courage to explore the source.
you'ld need to know where the current link is stored
& where the line editor is programmed.
if anyone can point me to the appropriate files, i'll look at them ...