Re: LYNX-DEV bad URL using ac98

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bad URL using ac98
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:27:02 +0900 (JST)

> Oh, I'm sure it would build with autoconf, but I object to autoconf and can
> only use static Makefiles,

I want to confirm what you're saying here.  Is it that something is broken
in the code set so that if you use a static Makefile you can't get Lynx
to build on your system?  Not too many weeks ago I was able to use my own
top-level Makefile to build Lynx on SunOS4.1.3.  I see no reason why you
couldn't offer patches against the file docs/Makefile.old; it was kept
around for the very purpose of allowing the option of building without
autoconf if that is what a person wanted or had to do.

__Henry