Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx271f crashes on VMS

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx271f crashes on VMS
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:44:14 -0500 (EST)

"T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >Cookie Crumbles
>> >---------------
>> >[...]
>> >    Cookies now work well, thanks for the effort... :-)
>>
>>      I had changed the %i to %d in the fprintf() and sprintf() calls,
>
>that sounds familiar - I believe I removed a %i from the chrtrans code
>some time ago because it broke (segmentation violation) with VAX C.

        I just checked both 2.7.1fm and the devel code, and the only
%i that's needed is for the sscanf() in LYKeymap.c.  All the others
can be changed to %d or %ld.

        I'll bet it's an interaction with UCX.  The traces indicated
that standard C shared image library functions were using the UCX
htons(), which shouldn't happen because UCX was a layered product.
I'll bet some prefixing gets changed or superceded when UCX is
installed.  We used to have MicroVAXen with old version of VMS/VAX
and VAXC, but with MultiNet instead of UCX, and never had any problems
with %i in print functions.

                                Fote