Re: LYNX-DEV Representing frames in lynx

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Representing frames in lynx
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:40:58 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, James Elkinton wrote:
>Then there's always splitting the window up, but gods...what to do about
>idiots who use 7 (!) frames... another feature for the 'yeah right, maybe
>in Lynx 6.0 or something' list.

As much as I hate frames, I really think that an option for splitting the
window up (as in -- textually represent the frames as well as possible)
would be good..

And/or maybe an "Overview" screen where we can tab-between the various
frames, and hit return to view that particular frame full-screen.  This would
probably be a lot simpler, but would at least allow a bit better
navigation of the sites that use a list of things to select in one frame, and
the description of that item in another frame.