Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1297/msg00005.html

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1297/msg00005.html
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:03:35 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> >> Perhaps we should even recommend several editors that are able to work
> >> with unix-style end of lines.
> >I think the DOS port of Elvis (a vi clone) can be put into a Unix mode.
> There is also a Dos (DJGPP) version of pico that works quite well with
> lynx.exe.  It helps to use a helper app to convert file slashes from
> Unix to Dos before launching editors, sendmail, and the like.

As far as I know, the code in HTDOS does the conversion of slashes
without the use of a helper app. Is there a particular usage where the
conversion fails?

The DOS version of the VIM editor works quite well with lynx.  It can
edit with DOS or UNIX EOL's, and can convert easily from one form to the
other.  It's only problem is that it is a vi clone, with the usual steep
learning curve for those not familiar with vi.

                               Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)