LYNX-DEV Bug in bookmark recognition in development code

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Bug in bookmark recognition in development code
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:34:55 -0800 (PST)

Back in February 1997, I wrote about a problem with lynx (2.7) not
recognizing a startfile as a bookmark, when the file was in the HOME
directory and accessed either as the STARTFILE or via WWW_HOME
("http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0297/msg00504.html";).  Fote
replied ("http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0297/msg00509.html";)
and supplied a patch to fix the problem
        ("http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0297/msg00549.html";).

I just noticed that a similar problem applies to the current development
code, at least on my DOS machine.  The only way to remove a link from
the bookmark page is to go to it via the "v" key.  The code doesn't
recognize the startfile page as a bookmark.  On my unix Fotemods version
this isn't a problem (1997-09-95 version).

Fixing this is probably beyond my  C abilities.  If someone sees an easy
fix before 2.8 is released, I would appreciate it.

                                   Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)