Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for Newnix

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for Newnix
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:56:07 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Nick said:

> Hi. I'm developing a UNIX-type shell for Windows95, and I was wondering
> if I could include LYNX in the next distrubution of Newnix. I'd really
> appreciate it.

In general, yes.  There are some details to clarify.  I won't get
all the details right, but here is the general idea.

You are distributing free binaries, and keeping your sources
private, the way I read your home page.

You don't have to disclose your Newnix sources to bundle Lynx in
the distribution, but you do have to publicly share the sources
for what you did to Lynx to make it run under Newnix.  And you
have to let the people to whom you distribute Lynx binaries
understand how they can get the full source distribution.

Glancing at your Newnix web page, I got the idea that Newnix runs
in a Windows 3.[1 | 11] environment as well.  We will be
interested in how well Newnix Lynx works in 3.x, including the
telnet, ftp, and mail integration.

-- Al Gilman