Re: LYNX-DEV bad URL using ac98

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bad URL using ac98
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:08:40 -0500 (EST)

   Dear Henry,

   You are raising interesting and important questions, and I'll definitely
talk about that, but not now. I don't know how difficult would it be to
compile the current Lynx codeset without autoconf, I would need to take a
look it. But I don't want to do anything Lynx-related until I get my work
environment set up. I need to assemble my new computer desk and to finish
building my real computer (I'm currently using a temporary one with very
little disk space). I also want to set up my temporary Harhan server.
Harhan is the (code)name of the new UNIX system I'm building and will be
managing on the CWRU campus. I'm using VAXen for my hardware platform and
the full system, when set up, will run Berkeley UNIX(R) aka pure BSD. But
the full system is still way in the future, both because there is
considerable work involved in bringing Berkeley UNIX(R) back to life, and
because I haven't got all the MicroVAX hardware parts I need yet. I do have
enough hardware, however, for a small temporary server. As resurrected
Berkeley UNIX(R) is not ready yet, I will run NetBSD/vax for a while. Since
I'm tired of disk quotas and other problems associated with doing
development work on other people's systems (ISPs, computer labs, etc.), I
want to set up my temporary Harhan server before doing any work on Lynx or
any other software.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-646-1864