Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Win32 2.7.1ac-0.97 Hyperlink Bug

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Win32 2.7.1ac-0.97 Hyperlink Bug
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 02:43:40 -0500 (EST)

971221 Kai Engert wrote:
> thanks a lot for the port to Win32    !!!
> However, I would like to report a bug.  Please go to
>   http://www.isg.de/persons/engert/lynxbug/#contents
> The list items are all hyperlinks, but none of them is clickable.
> The file contains lines like
>   <A HREF="acc_0611.htm"><LI>accumulate</LI></A>
> I found that if I change the lines to
>   <A HREF="acc_0611.htm">accumulate</A>
> the hyperlinks are displayed "hot",
> so there seem to be a problem with mixing <LI> and <A>.

yup, fancy that ... it's a bug in your HTML, not in Lynx!!
why on earth would you want to put  <LI> ... </LI>  in there anyway?
go read up the rules for HTML: they're available by entering  h .

> When using Netscape, all the links are clickable.

Notstraight does all sorts of bad things.
the point is that if everyone writes HTML his own eccentric way,
no-one is going to be able to understand it
& the whole idea of the Internet as a universal medium collapses.