LYNX-DEV: Need "TABLES" bad!

From: David Combs
Subject: LYNX-DEV: Need "TABLES" bad!
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 15:41:59 -0800 (PST)

I've been looking at lynx-output of html table
files for some time; knew there was something
wrong, knew it was hard to make out what the
data was, but haad no idea what it was
SUPPOSED to look like.

Until I downloaded netscrape.

Then I fed into it html files I had
downloaded after "\" via lynx --
man, did that stuff look neat!

Now, here I am listening to the fm radio
while hacking away (well, playing with the
internet, actually <g>), and I looked up
the fm station I am listening to,
to look at their schedule.

Well, the file the have is one huge table, I think, and,
dammit, I can't make heads or tails of it.

Is there ANYTHING that can be done to show tables?

Like, I have a 20in screen, goes at least 132 across;
seems like SOME kind of table could be done in that width.

(and if too narrow, then PRETEND that I have a wide
enough screen, and I can later cut and paste the
thing, just as I would with scissors).

As it is, I have to download the raw html file to
netcom (shell acct), then download THAT via
kermit to MY computer, and only then, via netscape,
look at the thing.

Until this table thing I have found nothing I could
not happily read via only lynx -- no need for
pictures, etc -- but this table thing -- I think
that it IS important.

Is there SOME way to do it?