RE: LYNX-DEV dns lookups

From: David Hardy
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV dns lookups
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:37:13 GMT

> I discovered the following problem while using LYNX compiled with the
> socketshr
> library for VMS to access a service provided by the british library:
>
>   Despite the name (opac97.bl.uk) resolving to an IP address, lynx fails to
>   connect with:
>       "unable to access remote host!"

I've managed to connect fairly quickly to opac97.bl.uk using Lynx version 2.7.1
with some of Fote's modifications installed. We're using MultiNet v4.0A under
OpenVMS 6.2 on a VAX.

David

| David Hardy,                        | E-mail: address@hidden |
| Department of Information Services, +-------------------------------+
| University of Northumbria,          | Silence is not only golden,   |
| Northumberland Building,            | it's seldom misquoted.        |
| Ellison Place,                      |                               |
| Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, U.K.  |               - Bob Monkhouse |