Re: LYNX-DEV lynx271 for unix bug

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx271 for unix bug
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:57:14 +0000 (GMT)

> The arrow keys can't back out of a document.
> I can get to the top of my current page but if that page
> was more than one site away from home, especially
> inside of a search engine it would be nice to be able to
> return to the created search index from the site being searched.
> I think this may have worked in lynx 2.43 if memory serves but
> got broken along the way.  I tried with left-arrow and
> the less-than sign but not at the same time.

This works for 2.7 Linux and 2.7.1 Win32; I can't imagine such an obvious
bug would have got into 2.7.1 Unix.  I think you need to look more
closely at your problem and re-evaluate the diagnosis.

Note that you must get off any form input field before trying to use back
arrow.

Do the arrow keys work at all?  If not you have a wrong terminal type or
bad terminfo data.