Re: LYNX-DEV Bugs in ac102 (at least for DOS)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bugs in ac102 (at least for DOS)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 18:01:09 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> I made the changes because it moves the use in PDCurses of non-ANSI color
> out of sight, so to speak - it'd be nice if the PDCurses-related stuff was
> ifdef'd with something more descriptive than DOSPATH, but I've not had time
> or resources to build up a version on djgpp (someday...)
>
> but restoring the table isn't the way to go -- let's try to fix it rather
> than simply putting back the previous version.

I think that I need to disagree somewhat.  It is nice to have elegant
code and efficient code.  I thought, however, that we were going to try
to restrict changes to bug fixes now in preparation for a release
version to occur "any day now".  Recently we have seen changes attempting
to make the code work a little better or in a more elegant fashion, but
have seen ftp broken by one change and color (at least for DOS) broken
by two changes. With the release version coming up, I would like to see
the old color code, which worked without problems, stay in.  After the
release, I think it would be appropriate to go ahead with development
versions making the changes to which you referred.
                                Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)