Re: LYNX-DEV Re: chartrans stuff

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: chartrans stuff
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 11:30:03 +0900 (JST)

>       I've inferred during the past year that TD is severely lacking in
> basic reading comprehension and written communication skills, so this

Why start this way?  The rest of what you have to say hits the nail
on the head 100%, but with this kind of introduction, the people who
need to be reading your message probably just `d' it.  It's a shame.

> But that, and lots of other bugginess created by those "merges", have not
> been fixed, and KW appears to have embarked on HREF="disappearance#2",

Just two things.  Be very careful when reading what Klaus has written.
His unbelievably superb command of the English language will fool you into
taking what he says as being very haughty at times.  That simply is not
the case, as I so disasterously found out myself once.

Let it be.  We should all respect whatever reasons Klaus has for having
to be absent.  I'm sure it is tearing at him for having to be away.  I see
know reason why we should make it worse.

>       For what it's worth, I've done some more tweaks of the "redirect
> stderr via misguided equality statements" in lynx271f.zip that might help

We all appreciate your watching over us.  (I mean this sincerely.  I never
much understood or cared for sarcasm.)

I think, though, you could meet your commitments to the GPL by posting
patches to the list against the so-called "dev" code.  Isn't that making
them public, available to anyone?

>       Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

That needs to be said again!

        Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!