Re: LYNX-DEV ac #104

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac #104
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 06:48:07 -0500 (EST)

> > * modify comments in makefile.in (patch by Henry Nelson Eric) - TD
>
> Since I'm posting anyway, that's Henry Eric for given names, Nelson
> for last name.
>
> > * add configure option --enable-nsl-fork to turn on code defined by
> >   NSL_FORK. - TD
>
> Happy to see this, since nsl fork is almost a must, especially when
> the ISP has a broken DNS.  I'll update the INSTALLATION I keep on my
> http server as soon as I can download and test (will be nearly a week
> because they're shutting down the routers for three days, then it's
> New Year's).
ok - I'm not in a hurry.  Am basically waiting for Klaus to look into Laura's
problem (have too many other things to do to get bogged down in that one,
sorry).  But will work on the bugs that I know I can fix.

> > * add configure option --enable-font-switch, to turn on code defined by
> >   EXP_CHARTRANS_AUTOSWITCH. - TD
>
> Is the explanation in docs/README.defines, "also let lynx switch term mode
> (Linux console only)", enough?  If someone is using this feature and knows
> more about it, a diff -c patch against README.defines to expand on the
> explanation might be nice.
probably more documentation is needed - I added the option so I could do
test builds (the remaining ifdef's seem to be ones that I don't have a good
way to test them, so I left them as is).  It seems to work, but I don't like
that it doesn't query/restore the original fonts.

Running test builds yesterday, I still have problems with CLIX and SunOS
(the latter, because that memmove is still -or again- in GridText, and the
former a bit more obscure).  So I'll have another patch in a few days once
I've had a chance to see what else I should fix.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden