Re: LYNX-DEV don't think help file set should be installed by default

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV don't think help file set should be installed by default
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:51:11 +0900 (JST)

> > I notice that with ac-0.104 the help file set (and more) is installed
> > with `make install'.  This will create problems for people with limited
[...]
> > README samples test, too, I think it should be a standalone target like
> > "install-help".  I also think lynx.lss should only be installed if the
> all of the install targets are standalone (I'm not sure which is better,
> since some programs have a separate install-info, while others don't).

What I'm saying is that in ac-0.104, you've got everything under "install":
"install: lynx install-bin install-man install-help install-cfg install-lss",
and I'd like to see "install-help" and "install-lss" removed from that line.

Of course, another way to go would be to explain in INSTALLATION that `if
you type "install", you get everything, so if you don't want it all, type
"lynx" then whichever of "install-bin", "install-man" etc. that you need.'
Telling people how to do "make install-help" is easier.

BTW, in this line, "(cd $(srcdir) && tar cf - CHANGES* PROBLEMS README
samples test ) | \" of the "install-help" target, you need to add "COPY*"
because both "
<A HREF="COPYHEADER">without restrictions on usage or redistribution</A>
under the <A HREF="COPYING">GNU General Public License</A>." are referenced
hypertextually from "about_lynx.html".

__Henry