LYNX-DEV strange behaviour ncurses-1.9.9g + any CJK character set

From: Ambrose Li
Subject: LYNX-DEV strange behaviour ncurses-1.9.9g + any CJK character set
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 00:46:23 -0500

Hello,

just noticed ac-0.105 and downloaded it. It (still) has the following
strange behaviour: if I go to "options" and change the "Character set"
to a CJK character set that would be internally treated as EUC (e.g.
big-5 or Korean, or EUC), the screen is not updated (until I tab to the
next link, in which case the line containing the link is updated).  This
strange behaviour does not exist if I choose the "transparent" character
set.

I am running it under a Linux system, libc 5.4.38, ncurses 1.9.9g, btw.

Has anyone seen this before? I don't know which file has the screen
update logic. Can someone point me to the right direction?

Regards,
--
Ambrose Li > home > address@hidden,cybers61d202.tor.shaw.wave.ca}