Re: LYNX-DEV strange behaviour ncurses-1.9.9g + any CJK character set

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV strange behaviour ncurses-1.9.9g + any CJK character set
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 07:19:59 -0500 (EST)

> Hello,
>
> just noticed ac-0.105 and downloaded it. It (still) has the following
> strange behaviour: if I go to "options" and change the "Character set"
well, at least it's not a new bug.  (I'll see if I see the same thing - but
I'm not set up for testing CJK, so that'll be a little work).

> to a CJK character set that would be internally treated as EUC (e.g.
> big-5 or Korean, or EUC), the screen is not updated (until I tab to the
> next link, in which case the line containing the link is updated).  This
> strange behaviour does not exist if I choose the "transparent" character
> set.
>
> I am running it under a Linux system, libc 5.4.38, ncurses 1.9.9g, btw.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? I don't know which file has the screen
no - I didn't notice - I check the options popup mainly to see if the
box characters are rendered properly (but since there's been no change
afaik in that area for a few weeks, haven't really looked).

> update logic. Can someone point me to the right direction?
src/LYOptions.c

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden