Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund for specific development?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund for specific development?
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 07:45:54 -0500

I have no money, or particular personal interest, in 'funding' the
development of the free software lynx.

If the lynx community is unable to come up with developers who want
to work on it for free, then it probably has reached the end of it's
life cycle from a community point of view.

One tricky thing that has to be kept in mind if someone does go about
contracting for lynx work is the legal status of the lynx code versus
the contracted code.  Since lynx is GPL, that has to be taken into account
if the enhanced code is ever distributed.