Re: LYNX-DEV A dummy packet driver for Lynx/DJGPP

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A dummy packet driver for Lynx/DJGPP
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:59:08 +0300 (MSK)

>      * From: address@hidden (Michael Sokolov)
>      * Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:40:48 -0500 (EST)

>    Well, I have been promising so much without doing anything that I
> decided to stop this and start keeping my promises. The first one is the
Oh!
Great!

> null packet driver, which I have just constructed. I have looked at the
> source code for the Crynwr packet driver collection, and it turned out that
> all that was necessary was to assemble the packet driver skeleton that was
> included in there! I have promptly done that, and here it is: SKELETON.COM.
> Run this 6 KB program with the packet driver interrupt vector on the
> command line in C notation (e.g., SKELETON 0x60) and then run Lynx! After
> you are done, remove it from memory by running SKELETON -u or by using

It is not bad idea to add a few more words to readme.txt from nullpktd.exe:
just quick start "nullpkt 0x60" and "nullpkt -u" to uninstall
so user should not look for another docs about interrupt vector.

BTW, uuencoded files being appeared in HTML looks rather strange:
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0198/msg00057.html

Check the above URL and try to "d"ownload it with with Lynx:
you get lots of amp; lt; gt; which replace a single chars
and made uudecode completely broken (I cannot quote the example
because it will be proccessed by the same manner).
Instead, if you "p"rint to e-mail or local file everything OK.

Leonid.