Re: LYNX-DEV A dummy packet driver for Lynx/DJGPP

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A dummy packet driver for Lynx/DJGPP
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 23:36:00 -0500 (EST)

   Bill Schiavo <address@hidden> wrote to me instead of lynx-dev:
>Hello Michael.  I have just one question.  What did you link the
>skeleton.asm file with?  I was abel to assemble it with no problem but I
>apparently do not have the libraries it needs.  Any information you could
>provide to me in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  I am
>interested in this because I wish to change some of the other drivers in
>the Cryn package.
   Are you talking about SKELETON or NULLPKT? You write that you have
compiled the .ASM file, so if you are talking about SKELETON, I assume that
you have the complete Crynwr package, unless you have got it from a strange
source, in which case you should re-get it from a better source. I have
never posted SKELETON.ASM to lynx-dev, since it's unnecessary (I haven't
modified it from its original form in Crynwr). On the other hand, if you
are talking about NULLPKT, I have indeed posted NULLPKT.ASM among other
files in that archive. However, I have indicated clearly (I think) in
README.TXT that it's intended to be added to the Crynwr package breakout,
just like fotemods used to be added to Lynx v2.7.1 breakout. It seems to me
that what you really need is the Crynwr distribution, version 11 (at least
that's what I have used). This distribution contains all executables,
sources, and documentation, but it's also relatively big. My copy consists
of 3 files: PKTD11.ZIP, PKTD11A.ZIP, and PKTD11B.ZIP. I don't remember
where I have got these files, though. The documentation refers to "SimTel's
msdos/pktdrvr/" as the distribution point. I don't know where that is,
though. If you want, I can uuencode my copy and E-mail it to you.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden