Re: LYNX-DEV ac #105

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac #105
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 12:18:43 -0500 (EST)

"T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> T.E.Dickey:
>> > * incorporate most of FM's changes from 971124 to 971230 (see below). - TD
>> >   (Note:  don't try to use fflush(stdin) -- it's an FAQ -- nonstandard,
>> >   dumps core on some platforms).
>>
>> Well, my impression is that it is on  POSIX90 1003.1 standard.
>I'll have to read that.  I had noticed the FAQ a while back because someone
>reported that the platform he was using dumped core when doing this.  The
>person who responded pointed out that it's unspecified behavior.
>>
>> Writer perhaps refer that it is not in C -standard?

        Note that based on that comment I removed those fflushes from
the Lynx v2.7.2 release:

---     Release of Lynx2-7-1FM as Lynx v2.7.2 (January 6, 1998)     ---
1998-01-06
* Fixed "Subirectory" typo in HTFile.c. - FM
* Removed the fflush(stdin) calls in LYClean.c and LYexit.c because they
  reportedly are problematic for some flavors of Unix. - FM
* Modified Linux setfont code to restore the original font on exit. - TD
---  Pre-Release of Lynx2-7-1FM as Lynx v2.7.2 (December 31, 1997)  ---
1997-12-31
* Packaged as v2.7.2 for release. - FM
[...]

        Also note that it's still unclear whether the TRACE logging to
a file via equality statements instead of freopen() is OK now for all
flavors of Unix (but if it isn't, then don't use that feature in
v2.7.2 for those flavors, and instead wait for someone to change
the zillions of TRACE clauses to test a global flag in a future Lynx
release :).

                                Fote