Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund for specific development?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund for specific development?
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:08:04 -0800 (PST)

I say again, if we want more programmers hacking
on lynx, we need a CLASS on lynx-implementation.

Taught by Fote, TD, and Klaus.

For several days.

Located, say, at some centroid for those on this list,
or of those who would attend such class,
probably eastern U.S., since the majority
are from the U.S., but with a whole lot from
Western Europe too (but not SO many from
Japan, etc).

I mean, sure, a REAL hacker who wants to devote
LOTS of time to lynx-hacking will devote the
(immense) time needed to learn the thing;
but those who want to spend just SOME time --
well, those need a class, with listings with
page numbers and line numbers, etc, and
live questions and answers.

QUESTION: how many would likely GO to such a
class?