Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund for specific development?

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund for specific development?
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:24:03 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, David Combs wrote:
>RE: "Also most tables won't fit in 80 columns."
>
>The way I see it, more and more of us are getting
>20-inch screens; Sun (and others) now sells a 24-inch
>screen.  These things are getting wider.  Even 17
>allows a lot more columns than 80.

Of course it should *support* more than 80 columns wide, but it must also
support 80 columns wide, via horiz scrolling or whatever.

Besides, even when I'm using a GUI term program, I make the window 80
columns wide  Usenet, email, etc., all assume 80 columns wide.  (Plus I
don't want things to look crappy if someone is viewing them 80 columns..
I use 80 * 24 at home..)