Re: LYNX-DEV java, javascript and extension languages

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV java, javascript and extension languages
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 08:56:54 -0500 (EST)

> 2. Somebody recently suggested embedding of an extension language interpreter
> to lynx.  This is again completely different than the previous topic.  Such an
it's interesting - but will raise a lot of new issues (won't run on VMS,
will be hard to port to Win32).

> 3. Finally,  there was a suggestion to rewrite lynx completely, as the code is
> getting too hard to maintain.  David Combs suggested that it should be done in
um.  not for 2.8

However - now's the time to start discussing the next release.  I don't see
Klaus around.  We've got (with ac #105) a version that could be released in
2-3 weeks.  That's if we stop adding new features, concentrate on bug fixes
and build issues.  (There's the issue of Fote vs Klaus on the "internal links",
which apparently no one but them pays any attention to).

To be clear, a bug is:

        something that causes the development version to not work, where
        2.7.2 does (either by not building on a given platform, not
        connecting to a given web page, or not displaying the page contents)

(note that I'm not addressing "nice to have" features).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden