Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for OS/390

From: pg
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for OS/390
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 08:51:49 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, T.E.Dickey said:

> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 07:17:14 -0500 (EST)
>
> I'll take a look this week to see how close it is to applying to the
> development version - but it sounds like this would be for post-2.8 (or
> whatever).

I agree;  it's far from ready for prime time.  OTOH, I'd appreciate
any critique of my techniques, use of #ifdef, choice of files
to modify, etc.

> Does this platform run Unix-compatible shell, or is it just a Posix
> library-compatible interface?

Posix-conformant shell and utilities.  They're quite proud of being one
of the first platforms to qualify for Unix trademark.  However, I
needed to use a port of gmake because OS/390's make failed as below.
Attempting to treat README.txt as a make description file.  ??!!

address@hidden:131$
address@hidden:131$ make os390
cd WWW/Library/unix; make LYFLAGS="-DUSE_DIRENT -DUNIX  -DDIRED_SUPPORT
-DLONG_LIST"
make: ../../README.txt: line 1: Error -- FSUM8232 Expecting macro or rule defn,
found neither
FSUM8226 make: Error code 255
address@hidden:132$

-- gil