Re: Side scrolling [was Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund ...]

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: Side scrolling [was Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund ...]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 21:20:40 +0900 (JST)

> So it's slow -- unless you stick to special cases such as shifting several
> columns at a time.  That's probably what you are thinking about.  When I'm

Okay, now I think I'm getting the gist of the problem.  I shouldn't
say that Most "scrolls", what it really does is "jump" to the neighboring
screen.  It's instantaneous, but you do sort of have to have at least
a shortterm photographic memory to put the two (or more) screens together.

If it's major use were to be for tables (of course were're talking here
of after the release), I think I personally would like the _jump_ to the
right, as long as there were a check to not break a column of the table.
Speed would be much more desirable than character-by-character "scrolling".

> real issue with Lynx is that nothing's set up to use the functions that

Well since there's nothing there now anyway, I sure can wait for Filip!

__Henry