Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.2 announcements?

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.2 announcements?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:30:43 -0500 (EST)

Al Gilman <address@hidden> wrote:
>to follow up on what Foteos Macrides said:
>
>>                   Beyond that, whether the Lynx homepage and the
>> "Lynx links" pages are updated for this release and announcements
>> are send to newsgroups is up to Al and Subir.
>
>I have edited the VFAQ to say "2.7.2" and not just link there
>[which is what it was doing].
>
>I have asked Rob to change the link from the home page.

        I just checked and http://lynx.browser.org/ now has "Lynx 2-7-2"
as the Linkname, but still http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/ (instead of
/lynx/release/) as the URL.  Also, the "online help" link still points
to that for v2.7.1 at Subir's site.  The v2.7.2 help is accessible via:

  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/lynx2-7-2/lynx_help/Lynx_help_main.html

though it may be better to leave it for Subir's generic help URL, and hope
he updates "Lynx links" soon.

>I don't volunteer on the News front.
>
>I agree that Hynek's post of last Saturday serves as a "last
>call" for the proposition "let's publicize this" and if Subir
>doesn't show up soon anyone else could feel free to post to
>appropriate NewsGroups.  You could nice it by first claiming your
>target newsgroup in a post here.

        Subir handled that in the past, and I have no idea to what
newsgroups he sent the announcements.

        I presume comp.infosystems.www.announce is one of them, and
Hynek suggested some others.

                                Fote