Re: LYNX-DEV informations about bookmark

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV informations about bookmark
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 98 13:13:09 EST

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:40:23 +0100 (MET),
SIRRI MICHELE   <address@hidden> wrote:

>I'm Michele Sirri and I study at the university of Trieste.
>I ask some information about how to create and use a bookmark.
>Thanks for every answers you can give me.
>                           Michele Sirri

This information should be in the help file you get by typing the ?
key.

When you find a page or a link that is interesting to you, hit A
(lower or upper case).  Lynx asks you if you want to save the Document
or the Link (D or L).  Usually you'll want to save the document (the
page you are currently reading).  Lynx then displays the title of this
document.  You can accept that or edit it.  Pressing Enter saves this
title, along with its associated URL, into a file called
lynx_bookmarks.html in your home directory.

When you want to view your bookmarks and go to them, press the v key.
If you want to remove a bookmark, go to the line you want to remove
and press r.  There are also methods of maintaining multiple bookmark
files, which may or may not be available on your system.

Since Lynx's bookmark files are pretty standard HTML, you can
successfully use them in other web browsers.  I have Internet Explorer
start with a copy of my Lynx bookmark file; this home page is what's
most useful to me.

Hope this helps.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/