Re: LYNX-DEV Problem running Lynx -crawl via "cron"

From: Paul Grenness
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problem running Lynx -crawl via "cron"
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 01:13:49 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, David Woolley wrote:

> > I'm not having any success getting "lynx" v.2.7.1 with "-crawl" etc options
> > to run from a shell script started by "cron" on an ISP running Linux
> > v. 2.0.28
>
> Why are you trying to do this?  -crawl is not intended for web grabbing, which
> is what I guess you are trying to do.  Use Gnu wget.

Hi,

I'm after a limited but variable number of files daily (daily
births/deaths/marriages from a News Corp site) and -crawl seemed a tidy
way of doing this. I have had -crawl, under cron, working correctly on my
ISP but can't get it to work with another ISP as a "cron" job. Wget does
seem applicable but "wget" is not installed on the ISP from which I want
to do the daily collection and I'm trying to KISS. Hope this explains my
situation.

Thankyou, David, for your input,

atb, Paul G.