Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2-7-2 with web500gw

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2-7-2 with web500gw
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:04:16 +0000 (GMT)

> After installing lynx 2-7-2 the following url
>
>   http://directory.colostate.edu:1411/o=Colorado State University, c=US

As you more or less point out below, this is not a URL.

> |   No additional information is available.Please report unexpected
> |   errors/bugs to your administrator.

They mean the administrator of the web500gw installation.  The server in
question is the LDAP server.

> At 2-7-2 THE SEARCH BOX APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM(this is not correct).

>                                                        I do not  understand
> why  the search box is moved to the bottom.  This appears to have something
> to do with the web500gw detecting what kind of client is talking to it  and
> changing the source html accordingly?

That's rather strange, as I don't believe the standard web500gw package is
all that sophisticated in that sort of area, although I haven't experimented
with it.  The source code is available, and you should probably follow up on
the IETF directory deployment mailing list, as the original LDAP list seems
to have died.